Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my new blog!

I am passionate about good, whole food, joyful physical activity, and the promise of feeling vital at all ages.  I've had made tremendous improvements in my health and vitality in the last six years, thanks to eating plant-based, whole foods.  Starting at 47, I have been getting younger not older!  My energy level is up, the arthritis in my hands is gone, and I've taken up rock climbing.

Along the way, I discovered a very simple yet astounding truth: whole food tastes really, really good!  It only takes a few weeks for tastes to change, and before you know it, you're craving whole food, instead of manufactured, adulterated substances that barely deserve the name "food."

The other open secret in all of this is that you do not have to exercise.  You only have to do things you really enjoy.  Whatever absorbs you, whatever makes you feel like a kid again, will call to you.  You will do it because you want to, and the rewards follow naturally.

The process is synergistic: the more you eat good things, the more energy you have.  And if you just do things you enjoy, you get more energetic still.  It's been an incredibly rewarding process, one that I am now ready to share with any and all.

I invite you!  Return to this page to find out about upcoming events:
Fitness walks in Eugene
Vegetarian and Vegan potlucks
Climbing
Slacklining
Book Groups
Five Rites get-togethers
And who knows what else...

No comments:

Post a Comment